Thursday, July 30, 2009

Searching for me...

This is a piece I wrote awhile back but it speaks to what I was going through at the time.



Ask me who I am.


You think I am the same person
I was before
Able to do the same things
I did before.

You see someone
Who looks like me.
You hear someone
Who sounds like me.

But it is not me.
I am not here anymore.

I am buried deep
Beneath a summer afternoon.

I was lost
Sitting on the curb
Waiting for the coroner
And the sheriff’s questions.

I am changed
And no one sees it.

If you want to know me
Then ask me who I am
I will tell you
If I can.

I know
That you can never understand
What was lost
And what I am still finding.

All I ask
Is patience
And compassion
And understanding.

I would be here if I could.
Amongst those who make my heart sing.
But my way back comes
In little steps.

I am doing the best I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment