Wednesday, September 16, 2009

finding the teacher within...

__________________________________



____________________________________


Autumn Morn
Robert Montgomery


I am so filled
with the joy of living
my heart singing out
on this cool autumn morn.
My heart belongs
to every child.

The vision still lingers
in theirs minds.
Memories
of a Heaven...
flashes of Utopian
perfection.

They battle
the dampening
by the world
of thought.
The wisdom
of the physical.

"What you see is truth."
not what you feel within.

I seek to reveal
their beauty...
the untouched elegance
of their souls.

To teach
is to demonstrate
and so this is my journey
as well.
The children teaching me
as I teach them.

Their wisdom
ancient
in its simplicity.
Their innocent questions
shaking the world
to its foundations.

Opening
to the dream
living it
with every breath
creating family
amongst strangers.

We look
into the deep
stillness
of each others souls
and see
ourselves.

And so we become
one again...
We unite
in understanding...
all of us
children.

All of us playing
as on an endless
summer day
drinking in
the brilliant warmth
of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment