Friday, September 4, 2009

heaven bound

_______________________________________________



_________________________________________


the road
Robert Montgomery



Yesterday gone
I am here for another day Lord.
How many times
have we had this conversation?
How many mornings
have I breathed away the ragged
pain of yesterday?

Today
I will look my pain in the face
soberly.
To dull it denies
any connection
with my brothers and sisters.

We all share the same confusion.
We all cringe at the dark
and jump at shadows.
Yet through this epic dream
I can see ahead
the light of Heaven
pouring down from above.

Its light
extends down
into every darkened corner,
warming, glowing,
until all is "ablaze"
all is safe
in its gentle embrace.

I walk this road
not alone,
in faith and trust
that I must learn this
if I am to bring it to others.
I must know this
if I am to come home.



________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment