Monday, August 17, 2009

Acceptance....




So much time
spent trying to get
somewhere
with something.

I am hiking
up a mountain
of my own design...
trying to drag along
my own fears
and disappointments.

Why else would it be so?

Anyone can see
that death allows us
no luggage.

Why then
would I carry
so much with me
during the journey?

It is simple.
I fear the moment.

For this breath
is all I truly have
and upon its release
perhaps another.

Perhaps not.

That truth
is so profoundly
earth shattering
that I cannot accept it.

For to do so
would make every breath
vital.

Every heartbeat is
the ultimate chance
to live from the light I know
is my destiny.

I know.
yet wait until...
I have enough money,
or years, or pain, or whatever.

Yet that day
will never come
for I know that today
is all there is.

There is no guarantee on tomorrow.

Not a cliché
but an immensity
I fear looking upon.

And so I delay
and rarely ever live.

A life devoid of fear
lived in true trust...
I have felt it so many times.
Within it all is peaceful acceptance.

Within it too
lies a powerful responsibility
to live from there always.

Was not that Christ's message?

"You too can overcome the illusion
of life and be man's salvation."

We cannot
and do not
enter Heaven alone.


June 1998



No comments:

Post a Comment