Monday, August 17, 2009

Finding my faith again...

Another love poem
I wrote to someone
thinking that they were the vessel
of my happiness.

I have learned
that faith in anything material
will always fail.

People leave.
Possesions come and go.
We ride the tide
of embrace and release in this life.

The only thing eternal is love.

I realize today
as I read this poem
that I am the vessel.
I choose to love
and to receive love.

I have found my faith again.
I have found my God
who has never left me.

He waited patiently
for my return.

Today I can rest
in the comfort
of His eternal understanding and grace.




I used to wonder
At the mysteries
Of the world

Now
My life is full
Of wonder

I used to think
That my heart
Could never truly
Be shared.

Now I think
That my heart
Beats with another

I used to ache
At the sight
Of true beauty

Now I ache
With the beauty
Flowing through me

I used to dream
That my love
Would come to me.

Now I wake
To dreams
Of passion and trust

I used to believe
That happiness
Was elusive

Now I believe
In the promise
Of love

I used to reach out
And find
Empty space.

Now I reach out
And find you
Holding me.



No comments:

Post a Comment