Saturday, August 15, 2009

Waking




it is the end
of another day
again the embrace
of velvet sleep
as I forget
or remember
my reality.

where do we live
and where
do we dream
for life moves
with such spasms
of heartbreaking
moments.

Explosive
stretching time
around experience
like a bubble
then bursting
and allowing the flow
to begin again.

who am I?
this me remembered?
practiced?
called forth daily
playing the tapes
of past fears, joys,
celebration, despair?

how do I not
remember?
living fresh
a lover
of every breath
intimate
with every heartbeat.

it is heavy
this facade of me
so much work
trying to be
the me
I think everyone
wants me to be.

I dream
of sinking
deeply into every
sun drenched moment
warming me
from the inside out
ablaze in my rapture.

connected
to everything
and so I become
only light
radiating
always new
and ancient.

as I sleep
I will wonder
if I am awake
and if this life
has been one of
dreaming...
and waking
to Heaven



No comments:

Post a Comment