Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sarasota Bound...









There is no way to know
where the road leads
unless you take
the first step.

February 11th, 2008
I took my first
tentative step
along my road
to recovery.

I knew forward
was my only choice.
I could not stand idle
and behind me
lay only darkness.

The step
was really taken for me.
For when I finally
decided to let God
back into my life
miracles happened.

On that day
I met two angels
and their light
illumined the path
before me.

They took my hand
and with a laugh
and a smile
told me
that I was
their new best friend.

And it was and is true.
Truth has no defense
or definition
it merely is.

I knew them
and they knew me
from a time
beyond time
where only love
exists.

They believed
in me
when I could not
believe in myself.

They had faith
in me
when I could find
little faith in myself.

They trusted
in me
and I began
to trust and believe
and have faith
again.

The angels
are playmates
They do not come
with swords and fire
They come with music
and laughter
and the promise
of a summer afternoon

They remind us
of who we are
and of where
we are meant
to be

They show us
our true selves
behind our fear
and the illusion
of this world

They hold up
a mirror
to our face
and let us see
the angel within.

Today
I leave to meet
my newest best friend
the angel Keenan
who waits for me
in a place called
Sarasota.

I am her
Godfather
She is my
Goddaughter.
Miracles everywhere
once we open our eyes
and see them.

Sarasota bound
am I
heading towards
Heavens Gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment