Monday, August 17, 2009

On love...

I wrote this awhile back about someone.
At that time I thought that love had to be found.
I thought that it rested like a treasure in another
and without them I had nothing.

Today I read this love poem
and realize
that it is written
to that beauty which connects us all.

I choose to call it God.

Just like we need a lamp
to bring light
into a darkened room
so too does God need us
to shine the light of love
out onto a needy world.

At least that's what I believe today.



you are
the golden
end of day
you are
the laughter
when children play

you are
a bird
in graceful flight
you are
a moonbeam's
silver light

you are
the wind
caressing the trees
you are
the whisper
of a gentle breeze


you are
fierceness
and strength
you are
passion
and flight

you are
softness
and sweetness
you are
goodness
and light

you are
my future
you are
my past
you are
now and forever

my love at last

12-25-03

No comments:

Post a Comment