Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inspiration...






Celestial Skies
Robert Montgomery


Celestial skies
cloudy, gray,
with bits of blue
peeking through.
Heaven looking down
as we slumber
in a colorless dream.

I sit here
as always
these hands
before me
these eyes
searching out
what?

How can I seek
when I am here?
What can be looked for
where all is found?

Riddles of life
keeping me moving
when the secret lies
in stillness.

All the world
its flow
and tantrums
roll about me.

Yet I am
the eye of this storm.
I am
the expector
of these images.

I close my eyes.
Is the world still there?
I change my mind.
Is it still true?

Living in the moments
between the questions.
Picking words
as fruit from the vine.

Sweet nectar
ripe and waiting.
My soul
awaiting
this attention.

Giving myself
to the flow
of my desire.
Not editing
or worrying about
content.

Does the vine
worry of its blossoms?
Does the river
chart its course?

Now above
the skies begin to open.
Bright pieces of light.
Cracks in the gray.

Reminding me
of the Watcher
Who sees all
and is always with me.

As I look up
the light moves
into these eyes
and I am above
and below
without
and within.

Breathing myself
into the blessed
connection
with sight
sound,
color and texture
creation and destruction.

I sit here
as always
this soul
searching
reaching out
for communion.



No comments:

Post a Comment