Saturday, August 29, 2009

welcome at the feast


_________________________________________________





_________________________________________________



banquet
Robert Montgomery


yearning to share
a door flung open
and out of the ancient halls
comes music divine.

Sweet billowing songs
of gratitude
echo throughout
this sacred place
too long held silent
and waiting.

words come
together
wanting to weave
beauty
wanting to stretch
open
the close fisted heart
of a frightened world.

sometimes this process
hurts and I can feel
the weeping inside myself.
Tears for the world
and grief
for not caring enough.

Is this evil?
Is this the force
which attempts
to take me
from God's right hand?
petty worry...
senseless desire...
dull pain?

to remember
fills the halls again
with rapturous music
and the gentle knowing
of my Lord's smile
always the choice...
always the table set
and waiting for
me to be seated.


No comments:

Post a Comment