Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Inspired by the gift of song...


For those of you who have been lucky enough
to be inspired by the music of David Archuleta
this is for you.

But it also speaks
to inspiration as it comes
to us in any form.

This poem speaks
to the spirit
which dwells in each of us.

Namaste
is a salute
to that spirit.

David's gift
has opened again within me
that voice,
that yearning to share
and to connect.

It is the tug on our hearts
we feel when he sings,
or talks, or laughs or just smiles.
It is the call of home
we all so long to hear.

I can so clearly see
and feel spirit
working through David
but the gift
is that I feel it again
within myself.

And so I share this
with all of you
in salute of that connection
we all share.

It is the prayer
I see within his face
whenever he offers
his heart to us.


The Gift
Robert Montgomery

Oh spirit start
to sing within me
play upon
my eager soul.

Open me
to joyful rapture
deep within
this willing heart.

I am yours
to turn and polish
making me
a tool of love.

I am here
in peaceful silence
looking to
the light above.

Oh spirit see
this empty vessel
ready to
be filled and poured.

Sharing song
and light and laughter
out onto
a ready world.


No comments:

Post a Comment